Thursday, June 07, 2012

Ohhh.. the good 'ole U.S. of A!

How I missed your ranch dressing, Cheetos, Frito's, REAL Mexican food and other delicious and incredibly bad for you food combinations!

What I didn't miss??? Those loud, obnoxious tourists who think that just because their partner/spouse/buddy's etc are deaf that the rest of the people in the park are deaf too and can't hear them yelling at each other!!

But ohhh how good it is to be 'home'. Home, by the way for 3 weeks is this Truck/Camper and hopefully level parking spaces!



Completely self-contained accommodation at its finest! Queen size bed in the loft above the cab, three burner stove top plus mini-oven and a fridge and freezer that is smart enough to run on propane (LPG) when travelling along or sitting parked somewhere or electricity if plugged in at an RV park (Caravan Park).

We even have a table for four... but I can't imagine sitting four adults together for dinner! (We will soon find out though when we my parents later on in Oregon)

We picked up the 'rig' from my parents and sister in New River, Arizona where my parents are dabbling in becoming 'snow birds' each year by fleeing to the south when the white stuff starts to fly back at 'home'.



Landing here in late May is a little bit late in the year as it was a nice 96 degrees F (36 C) even late in the evening. But it made for a convenient rendezvous with my parents, letting us check out 'my half of the inheritence', pick up the truck and camper and make the jaunt up to Vegas for UFC 146 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. We even snuck in a visit with Uncle Paul and played on his putting green in his back yard. I seriously need to work on my short game!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors